Sunday, June 3, 2012

Three

Hi Jacie,

You turned three today. When people asked how old you are now, you would struggle to hold up 3 fingers and say 'I'm this many!'. I love how excited you were about everything! Your cake was 'Fantastic!'. This morning i learned that you got the word Fantastic from a book we borrowed a couple of weeks ago from the library. It was about a cat named Dave, who was big and fantastic.

It amazes me how much you remember and how fast you are grasping concepts.

I watched you climb into my bed with one eye open this morning. You thought i was asleep. You found your spot in the middle between dad and i.

I watched you for a little while - looking around, deciding if it was a good idea to get under the blanket or stay on top of it. When i opened both my eyes, you looked at me and gave me the brightest smile.

Hi, happy birthday.

You grin. Happy Birthday mum!

I grab my camera that's always by the bed.



Sometimes, that smile is what gets me through crappy parts of my day. It's the smile, the hug that's paired with it. The I love you mum! That ends in a giggle when i kiss you. You are a little ray of sunshine.. even when you're having your little Jacie moments...

Your dad woke up long enough to take some pictures with you and wish you happy birthday - then he went back to sleep.


We had breakfast at Mcdonalds- that's what you wanted. You hand Hotcakes with Jam and two hash browns. Oh and a marshmallow from Mccafe.



 After visiting Ong Co, who came back from Vietnam today, we went to the supermarket. Hehe sorry the weather was bad, and we had to do our weekly stuff. You were happy anyway.


Favourite part... your birthday present.


I'm really tired right now, i'll continue this tomorrow- but for now... Happy 3rd Birthday my baby boy. Thank you, for everything you've done for us, you have no idea how much it's been. Maybe tomorrow i will tell you.

Love your face.

*licks and squishes* Mum.

1 comment: