world of warcraft.
Haha... no the other wow. Like the expression of awe.
I ironed clothes, i folded clothes. I half assed sorted clothes, i even washed, hung out and dried more clothes - as if i didn't have enough clean clothes without homes already.
But i was cheery - cheery because i dragged my feet all morning til trawling facebook in an effort to procrastinate again... I clicked on a video Yummii posted, and despite the fact that the kids kept interuptting and i missed parts of it... it made me remember what a wonderful resource the internet was.
I dragged the ironing board, a powerboard, my laptop and myself into the kids room on a mission to organise their clothes - clothes that Zane had ever so helpfully yanked outta the drawers last weekend in the middle of one of my rants at him.
Haha, so in short - i spent hours today - ironing and folding and packing away - to the soundtrack of Ted talks. It blows my mind with each talk that there are sooooo many things out there, so many extraordinary people. SO much to learn about.
I got excited about neuro-science. Language. Education. Creativity.
I told Zane i could really get into neurology - haha but i'm really bad a chemistry. Chemistry is so abstract to me. But then i never even really tried learning it. So what am i even talking about. I have no idea what it takes to be a neuroscientist. Other than an interest in the brain hehe!
My brain is dancing around with a gazillion new bits of information. I teeter between wanting to sleep and wanting to read more things.
Wild with insane ideas. Or just rather brilliant ones.
Shh why are you even reading this. On the hope that one day i'll post something brilliant perhaps? Haha maybe you should go watch these:
http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/vilayanur_ramachandran_on_your_mind.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/juan_enriquez_will_our_kids_be_a_different_species.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html
Amazing.
I didn't take any photos today i was so enamoured by the internets and it's offerings.
In between though, i still did my mothery business.
I let the kids watch One directions concert. Danced and sung with them. Teased Tivi for her crush on Zayn until she cried then attempted to take photos of her crying... the only time i picked up the camera today haha...
I watched the 'scary bits' of Arthur and the Invisibles with the boys... and tickled Jacien til he cried. Hehe... all in all it was a productive day.
One of the highlights was when Tivi whispered to me as she was laying there watching me in her room ironing, listening to (sir) Ken Robinson talking - she said 'Mummy i want to go to drawing classes.' - i told her i would love to do them with her! But we should talk about that in the morning. She smiled a big smile.
I love that smile.
All the time i have to check myself when the kids are talking to me while i'm trying to do something else. I have remind myself to stop, acknowledge them. Respond.
Sometimes, with shhh i'm busy!!! Haha but i try harder these days.
And the words '...everyday and everywhere our children spread their dreams beneath our feet, so we should tread softly.' made more poignant in the scholarly British accent... (i'm such a sucker for accents), is where i leave my thoughts, and you... (and with these photos... my husband took them tonight. :)
To bed, to people... to panic that i'm stampeding over a million dreams of children crushing them with my uncoordinated clumsiness. To marvel. To information/ideas/generosity. Wow.



No comments:
Post a Comment