September 1st last year
My favourite photo. We'll call it One.
I need to start cataloguing this properly.. all the pictures all the days, all our memories.
This was the day Che wore two different shoes to childcare, because he couldn't decide which one he wanted to wear more. Hehe, the day we started our documentation of life as we know it.
This is what they looked like then:
I only had my old phone- it took crappy photos to begin with, so i just made it look intentionally blurred and old with hipstamatic. Hehe... My photography skills have improved (most days - some days not much).
They've grown, they've lost hair, teeth, baby faces.
'Favourite parts' have become the way we end our days, we exchange the best of memories, they always call me to collect them. After photos of course.
Over a year on, this is them today:
I look at these pictures and i can see the changes in the way that they look- it's nothing though, compared to how much they've grown as people.
I would tell you that this makes me sad and long for the hands of time to turn back- hehe i do have these moments when i'm with them one on one, where i miss their little selves... but for tonight at least - i look at the three of them, and i am excited for the adventures we will have.
I watch them together, making up their games- and i laugh at the way they have grown so comfortable in front of my lens, that they improvise their own prompts, and they love to see the results afterwards.
Jacie at the age of 3 - stands transfixed in the photo section of Big W, touching the various 'Camya's' - asking for the batteries to be replaced in the one i did buy him not long ago.
These kids grow up in an amazing time of creativity and possibility. I have no idea what they will be... it's fast paced and i panic often that i slow them down... instead of ipads and ipods, my kids have books, cardboard toys, games that they make up in their heads... i'm not sure sometimes where i stand on all the technological advancing... i always assume that they will pick up these things on their own...
All i can do is share with them what i love; pictures, words - people. I hope that if i build their values from basic things, they will always know where to return if all else fails.
I am grateful to have crossed paths with the 365 Project. Although i have bent and twisted the guidelines to suit me, i am thankful for the foundations of it. What it's given me... what it'll be for them.
Our journey, in all it's imperfections... is amazing.


Congrats on the one year mark!!! How amazing and brilliant :) xx
ReplyDelete